Disaster Relief (DR):
This Sunday, November 11, 2018 is Disaster Relief Sunday, and we are honored to introduce you to some of the men and women who represent the thousands of SBC Disaster Relief volunteers who bring help, hope and healing to those affected by disasters across the nation. Follow along this week to celebrate all God has done through the sacrificial service of so many.
Despite her home being destroyed by Hurricane Michael, Southern Baptist Disaster Relief volunteer Jennie London is focusing on her calling and serving as an admin at the Panama City feeding site. The 77-year-old believes God has called her and enabled her to serve, even in the face of personal hardship. Thank you to Jennie and all the volunteers who help make the work of Southern Baptist Disaster Relief possible!
Hurricane Michael Information
1. Donations: Monetary donations to Florida Baptist Disaster Relief; Northwest Coast Baptist Association; or to individual churches affected by the storm.
Physical donations re water, food, etc. go to:
2503 Jackson Bluff
2. Disaster Relief Trained Volunteers are needed in areas of feeding and Clean Up and Recovery. If others wish to help but are not trained, individuals can respond as a Day Volunteer. They will be required to complete the form at
3. If assistance from Disaster Relief is desired, call 850-716-8826
4. We are thankful for the Florida Baptist Convention, especially Tommy Green, Executive Director, and Lewis Miller, West Region Catalyst, for helping us find partners for our Association.
5. Tents: If you are in need of large tents, please contact:
Rick Young, Campus Pastor, Woodstock PCB at 404-661-8110
Woodlawn Rental & Sales (local) 850-481-2676
6. The following Disaster Recovery Centers are in our community:
Bay County is located at Bay County Public Library, 898 11th Street, #104
Callaway at John B. Gore Park, 520 Beulah Ave, Callaway
Gulf County at the Gulf County Public Library, 110 Library Drive, Port St. Joe
Wewahitchka at Wewahitchka Town Hall, 211 Florida Hwy 71, Wewahitchka
7. Each church is encouraged to file with Public Assistance at:
10. Individuals are encouraged to file FEMA at:
11. For help for churches working through the Floridapa.org process, call one of the following:
- Bobby Prosic, Operations Task Force Lead for FEMA, 202-257-9699
- Joe Costello, Louisiana State Public Relief/Public Assistance
(serving in Florida), 225-339-3724 (Office)
or 225-620-6280 (Cell)
12. Also, keep in mind that the value of donated resources can help offset the non-Federal
cost share of eligible Emergency Work projects and Direct Federal Assistance
We have 49 locations in Bay, Gulf, Franklin, and Washington Counties. There are 36 deemed to be affected enough by Michael Hurricane to warrant immediate help. Information about Church Partnering under the "ENCOURAGE" page